A journal for my children of my life with them

This blog tells the story of my children while they are young.
I am constantly told, like by the stranger when my little one had an accident today in the library, that these moments go by so fast
(although I wished I could have skipped that one).
I can feel them slipping through my hands, all these little beautiful moments.
Moments when I get to be a child again because of their wonder.
Moments when their need for me challenges me (sometimes at the library) to be a better and bigger person.
Moments when I am faced with their pain and must rely on God for their needs.
Moments when I hurt because they are just so beautiful to look at, and even more often so beautiful on the inside.

I don't know if they will want to read these chronicles when they grow up, but I hope so. I hope this journal helps them to remember a childhood they loved, and family who love them

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Jonathan is a verb!

I now realize it's no accident that while our relational daughter's name is in the form of a noun "gift", our loving, seeking, always moving son's name is a verb, "God gives". 
Dorathea means "God-gift" or gift of God.  
Jonathan means "God gives".  A continual gift, prepetually in motion;
moving,
writing,

 riding,
 climbing (and getting stuck)
 bathing,
 playing,
and thankfully; sleeping.
 This is the little boy who I found chasing a cat across the street on the neighbors porch.  Scary! I shouldn't have been surprised that he could move out the back door, through the gate and across the yard so quickly.  This is after all the child who when I prayed for a scripture for him this came to mind;

‘You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart. 14‘I will be found by you,’ declares the LORD," Jerimiah 29:13
And an image from Wynken, Blyken,and Nod came into my head, so I put it to paper for him;

of a boy willing to sail the stars to find the moon.  Yes, Jonathan gift in motion, is a verb.  My favorite verbs to describe him; searching and finding.

No comments:

Post a Comment