A journal for my children of my life with them

This blog tells the story of my children while they are young.
I am constantly told, like by the stranger when my little one had an accident today in the library, that these moments go by so fast
(although I wished I could have skipped that one).
I can feel them slipping through my hands, all these little beautiful moments.
Moments when I get to be a child again because of their wonder.
Moments when their need for me challenges me (sometimes at the library) to be a better and bigger person.
Moments when I am faced with their pain and must rely on God for their needs.
Moments when I hurt because they are just so beautiful to look at, and even more often so beautiful on the inside.

I don't know if they will want to read these chronicles when they grow up, but I hope so. I hope this journal helps them to remember a childhood they loved, and family who love them

Saturday, February 12, 2011

The Christmas Kitchen is in full swing here. Biscotti is baked and wrapped, and now Chocolate coffee syrup is on the stovetop simmering.
Dorathea, "Mommy something smells Chocolatey.  What are you making?"  Me-"Good nose Dorathea, I'm making Chocolate syrup."  "Mmm, can I have some?".
Dorathea and i make a good team she runs the mixer and sprinkles the sprinkles, and licks the bowls.
I love Christmas, and hope everyone will love their made with love gifts!

No comments:

Post a Comment