A journal for my children of my life with them

This blog tells the story of my children while they are young.
I am constantly told, like by the stranger when my little one had an accident today in the library, that these moments go by so fast
(although I wished I could have skipped that one).
I can feel them slipping through my hands, all these little beautiful moments.
Moments when I get to be a child again because of their wonder.
Moments when their need for me challenges me (sometimes at the library) to be a better and bigger person.
Moments when I am faced with their pain and must rely on God for their needs.
Moments when I hurt because they are just so beautiful to look at, and even more often so beautiful on the inside.

I don't know if they will want to read these chronicles when they grow up, but I hope so. I hope this journal helps them to remember a childhood they loved, and family who love them

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Knock Knock

I was deep in an intellectually stimulating conversation with Dorathea (4) and Jonathan (18m) at the dinner table, just the 3 of us, one evening. Dorathea had been launching knock-knock jokes at me, when suddenly she decided to launch one at her little brother. "Jonathan! - Knock, knock?" Having the restricted vocabulary of a 1-and-a-half-year-old, he replied, "Boo, beh." Without the slightest hesitation, Dorathea continues, "Interrupting cow." Jonathan [?]asked, "dah doo la dah mah da...." - "MOOOOOOO!" Dorathea interjected, and erupted into little-girl hysterics. Jonathan smiled and squealed loudly.
I think I laughed harder than they did.

No comments:

Post a Comment